Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Bicycle Flea Market in Aachen


A bicycle market in downtown Aachen is where I found my New Trekking Bike from Austria!

Today I found the coolest bike (even bargained down the price-fix in German!) and went for an amazing country bike ride to two nearby towns Laurensberg and Orsbach (near NL border) where I was greeted by many cows, horses, bees among other ourdoors people ( i only wish I could post the pictures from my ride..well, when I get the cable) ........


My very cool bike is from Austria (make Trento KTM) and is a nice shade of dark purple! Works great and comfy for trekking, road travel and long distance biking. Despite being from Austria, most parts for the bike can easily be found here in Germany according to the Dr. Bike guy at the flea market who is there every month and sells all kinds of bike parts and repairs them as well.

Here is a pic of the same make but different color:














The Trento bike website: http://www.trento.de/bikes/trekking.php

The Cologne-Aachen weekly bike flea market website: http://www.fahrradmarkt-koeln.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment