Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mac vs PC - The debate continues!



Mac computers are elegant, smart and some may even go so far as to say, sexy.....This may all be true, but when it comes down to getting work done, the real question is: How much do I care about the 'sexiness' of my computer? Well, PC is not very elegant or sexy and it acts like a virus-catching child whenever it wanders into the unknown....Ok, so that gives a nice background on both operating systems. Oh, yeah. One more thing I forgot to mention about Mac, it takes its sweet time to 'think' about running programs.







Well, now everything is on the table....Almost. What does this have to do with being an American in Germany? As it turns out, a lot.....for me at least. You see, since I arrived, I have had the priviledge to have been assigned a beautiful iMac at my currently-main office. Now, the work that I do is quite data intensive and requires a system which is very flexible and stable. Up until now, the iMac has had a few questionable moments. It stopped all together a couple times requiring reboot, it didn't respond to the mouse a few times, and it takes too long to load data. This still hasn't convinced me that it is a bad system since my data is coming from a group which likes to use PCs!

So the question remains, is Mac or PC an inferior system? The answer completely depends on who you ask and what they use the computer for. My view so far (and this may change since I am just starting out with Mac) is: For graphics, Mac is no. 1, since it rules where PC is resourceless. For programming and data handling, PC is no. 1, since its resources outshine Mac in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment